Why would I want to read an article on growing a beard anyway? It’s pretty easy! All I have to do is wash it and allow it to grow for months… Right?
Sadly, that’s the thought that runs in the minds of a lot of people.
If you want fuller and thicker beards, there is so much more to do than the basic washing and allowing it to grow. The first thing you have to remember is that there are different beard styles for different faces, so you have to find out the one that suits you and work towards it.
Since you want to learn how to grow a healthy beard, come on:
- Patience: This is hard, I know, especially with pictures of men showing off their seemingly ‘perfect’ beards all over the internet, and you are like, how do I get to this point? Maybe you have tried growing your beards before, and it has been a total disaster.
Just like Rome wasn’t built in a day, remember that growing a healthy beard will take time. You just have to give your beards time to grow out and mature. Trust us; it will pay off!
- Eat healthy foods: This is a very important point that is often overlooked. It’s funny how people strive for physical beauty without paying attention to their diet! A healthy diet gives every part of your body the boost it needs, and that includes your beards. We recommended that you eat fruits rich in vitamin C, plenty of leafy greens, protein, nuts, and if possible, take a multivitamin supplement daily. Also, drink lots and lots of water, as it hydrates your body and keeps your skin looking fresh and smooth.
- Ensure that you keep your skin healthy and clean: Just like you prepare a piece of land for planting by uprooting weeds and keeping it generally clean, you have to start by keeping your skin clean. A beard is a great feature of the face but can also trap a lot of dirt, sweat, and oil over time, so ensure that you wash your face and beards regularly to exfoliate the skin underneath and open up the pores for effective beard growth.
- Regular exercise: What? What does exercise have to do with beard growth?
I know what you’re thinking, okay?
The main goal here to stay fit and be in shape, so what better way to do that than doing things that actually promote it? Just like staying hydrated and eating healthy, exercise does wonders for your body in more ways than you can imagine. Although weight lifting and cardio exercises are often recommended (as it also builds up your testosterone naturally), you do not have to do anything extreme. Anything that allows you to stay in shape, be it cycling or a jog here and there, is fine. The most important thing is that you give your best in trying to look your best.
- You MUST have a comb and beard brush: The importance of this cannot be overemphasized, ladies and gentlemen! If you do not own these, get them and make them your best friends. This is because, beards grow in different directions and some of the strands may tangle, leaving you looking like you fought a battle in your dream and woke up on the wrong side of the bed. The best way to defeat this is to continuously comb and brush it so that the hair will be evenly distributed.